|Nonna Maria's Chocolate Pudding With Tea Cookies|
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Serving Size: 6-8 people
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/8 tsp salt
3 cups of milk
3 tbsp butter or margarine
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. In a large pot, mix sugar, flour, cocoa powder and salt.
2. Mix well enough to eliminate the lumps.
3. Add the milk and butter to pot. Stir well.
4. Place over medium heat. Stir often to avoid burning.
5. Cook pudding until it comes to a boil. Stir frequently. Once the pudding comes to a boil, cook 1 minute longer.
6. Remove from heat and add vanilla extract.
Tea Cookies For Pudding
1-1 1/2 lb tea cookies, or Maria's cookies
1/2-1 cup milk
1. Pour milk in a glass 9" pie plate or 9" rectangular glass dish.
2. Dip cookies one at a time. Do not soak cookie too much.
3. Layer dish with dipped cookies and cover with the warm chocolate pudding just enough to cover the cookies. Repeat layering until you finish with a layer of chocolate pudding on top.
4. Place a sheet of plastic wrap directly touching the pudding.
5. Chill for 1-2 hours.
6. Remove plastic wrap from pudding.
7. Serve with whipping cream or vanilla ice cream.