Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
Serving Size: 4-6 people
2 pounds of debone chicken thighs
1/2 cup flour
2 cups chopped peppers, 1 inch or so in length
1 large chopped onion
4 cups of canned tomatoes or a liquid sauce
1 tbsp roastic garlic in olive oil or 2 cloves chopped garlic
1 tbsp chopped thyme
1/2 cup chopped basil
1/2 chopped parsley
1 tbsp small capers
1/2 cup grated cheese, parmesan or romano
1 chopped hot pepper or 1 tsp chili flakes
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1. In a large pan or Dutch oven, heat pan to high medium. Add olive oil.
2. Salt and pepper the chicken, dredge it in flour. Shake off excess flour.
3. Brown chicken in the heated pan with olive oil.
4. Brown all the chicken pieces. Then remove and set aside for later.
5. In the same heated pan, add chopped green peppers, onions, chopped garlic, and capers. Mix well.
6. Return the slightly cooked chicken back to the pan. Add thyme, hot peppers or chili flakes. Mix well.
7. In the same heated pan, add canned tomatoes or sauce. Add chopped basil. Stir.
8. Place cover on pot and cook for 20 minutes on medium low heat. Check on sauce regularly to assure that it is not burning. If sauce is too thick, add about 1/4 cup water.
9. Remove lid and cook for 10 minutes.
10. Remove from heat and plate your chicken.
11. Sprinkle parsley over plated chicken and grate some parmesan or romano cheese over the chicken.
Note: This dish will have plenty of sauce. This dish serves well with pasta, rice or couscous.