Monday, July 22, 2013
Rigatoni With Asparagus and Blue Cheese Sauce
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Serving Size: 4-6 people
1 lb rigatoni cooked
1 lbs asparagus, cut into 1 1/2 " pieces
1 tbsp roasted garlic in olive oil or 2 cloves chopped garlic
1 1/2 cup half and half cream
1 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (divided)
1 cup crumbled blue cheese (your choice)
1 cup chopped parsley
3-4 pieces of fresh bread
1 grated lemon rind
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1. Bring salted water to a boil in a large pot.
2. Once the water has come to a boil, add the rigatoni. Stir.
3. In a medium size pan, boil water. Add asparagus. Blanch for about 3-5 minutes.
4. Drain the asparagus. Add into a large bowl of water and ice. The ice will shock the asparagus and keep the beautiful green color. Let sit for 5 minutes.
5. Drain the shocked asparagus. Set aside.
6. Take 3-4 slices of bread. Chop and pulse the bread to resemble a fluffy crumb.
7. Heat a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add 1/2 tbsp garlic to pan, some olive oil, and fresh bread crumbs. Stir frequently to prevent burning.
8. In a large sauce pan at medium heat, add 1/2 tbsp garlic, half and half, and crumbled blue cheese. Stir.
9. Once your rigatoni has cooked, drain. Add to sauce. Stir.
10. Add 1 cup grated cheese. Stir.
11. Place the cooked rigatoni in a large pasta bowl. Add cooked asparagus, lemon rind, and chopped parsley. Stir.
12. Add remaining 1/2 cup grated cheese on top of pasta. Cover top with fresh grated cheese. Serve