|Zucchini Pancakes With Remoulade Sauce|
Our family grew up on these pancakes. Our children and I love this recipe. If you have an abundance of zucchini, these pancakes freeze well.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes
Serving Size: 4-6 people
1 medium or 2 small zucchinis
1 cup chopped chopped parsley
1/2-1 cup flour
4 tbsp salt
1 tbsp roasted garlic oil or 2 crushed cloves of garlic
A pinch of hot chili flakes (optional)
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Italian pepper to taste
Olive Oil to fry
1. Shred your zucchini by hand or machine. Place in a bowl. Add the salt. Set aside for 5-10 minutes.
2. In your sieve, add the zucchini. Take it to the sink and wash off the salt.
3. By hand, squeeze the water out of the washed zucchini. Place in a large bowl.
4. In the same bowl, add roasted garlic, chili flakes, grated cheese, parsley, eggs, and pepper to taste. Mix well.
5. Add zucchini and 1/2 cup flour to bowl. Mix well. If batter is still runny/wet, add a bit more flour and mix.
6. In a frying pan over medium heat, add a few tablespoons of olive oil. Gather a large spoonful of zucchini batter and place in the pan. *Careful not to burn yourself!
7. Slightly flatten the patties and cook for 5 minutes, then flip. Make sure the center is done. If it is still soft, then cook one more minute.
8. Repeat with the rest of the batter. Add more olive oil if needed.
9. Place on a rack to drain the oil off the pancake.
Zucchini pancakes go well with the following recipe for remoulade sauce.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Serving Size: 2 cups
1 cup sour cream
1 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tbsp drained sweet relish
2 tbsp ketchup
1/2 tsp mustard
1 tsp roasted garlic oil or 1 crushed garlic clove
1/2 tsp horseradish
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
A few drops of tabasco sauce
1. In a medium bowl, add all of the above ingredients. Mix well. Chill until you are ready to use.