Preparation Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 5-10 minutes
Serving Size: 6-8 people
2 pounds potatoes
2 large eggs
2-3 cups flour
1 tsp salt
Floured Board or tablecloth
1. Boil whole potatoes in a large pot of water for 40-50 minutes.
2. Drain potatoes and let cool.
3. Peel potatoes. Pass through a ricer and place on a large pan to dry off any excess moisture.
4. On a large surface, make a pile with the potatoes and make a well in the center.
5. Crack eggs in the well of potatoes.
6. Add salt and mix with a fork.
7. Add 2 cups of flour in the center, blending with the fork from the inside out.
8. With your hands. start blending the flour into the potatoes. Only add more flour if the dough absolutely needs it.
9. Let the dough sit covered in plastic wrap for 5 minutes.
10. Cut a piece of dough to form a long rope. Cut into 1 inch pieces.
11. With your fork, scoop a piece of gnocchi then roll it off the fork, starting from the top of the prongs to the bottom of the fork. Press slightly.
12. Place the pressed gnocchi on your floured board or tablecloth.
13. Boil a pot of salted water. Once this has come to a full boil, shake off the excess flour on gnocchi. Add gnocchi to boiling water.
14. The gnocchi will begin to float to the top of boiling water. The gnocchi is completely ready when they have all floated to the top. Drain the water.
15. Add your favorite sauces, basil, or butter. This recipe goes great with pesto sauce or fresh tomato tomato sauce.