|Tiramisu "My Way!"|
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Serving Size: 6-8 people
2-7 oz Italian lady fingers
3 eggs + 1 yolk
4 tbsp sugar
16 oz Mascarpone cheese
1/4 cup Kahula coffee coffee liqueur (or any preferred brand)
1 cup espresso coffee (or strong regular coffee)
1 cup whipping cream, whipped (optional)
2 tbsp cocoa powder
8" springform pan
Fine hand sieve
1. Prepare the espresso or strong coffee. Add the Kahula and stir. Place in a shallow pan and set aside.
2. Mix eggs and yolk plus sugar until mixture is light and creamy.
3. Slowly add the mascarpone cheese to the egg mixture. Mix well.
4. With 3-4 at a time, lightly soak your lady fingers in the espresso coffee.
5. Lay the lady fingers on your 8" springform pan until you have completely covered the bottom. *You may have to break the cookie to fit the pan.
6. Over the lady fingers, spread a layer of the cheese and cream mixture.
7. Take one lady finger and measure the inside wall of the springform pan by standing the lady finger up against the side of the pan. Cut several lady fingers the to match the height of the pan. Take your cut lady fingers and soak them in the espresso. Set the cut lady fingers against the walls of the springform pan.
8. Add more soaked lady fingers on top of the mascarpone cheese. Repeat layering until the cheese and lady fingers run out. Finish with a layer of mascarpone on top.
9. In your fine hand sieve, add 2 tbsp of cocoa powder. Gently shake the hand sieve over the mascarpone cheese until it is completely covered with cocoa powder.
10. Refrigerate for 4 hours or for best results, refrigerate overnight.
11. Once the tiramisu is set, undo the springform pan. Gently lift the pan off the tiramisu. Place in your pedestal dish.
12. Whip your whipping cream until fluffy (optional).
13. I fill a pastry bag and pipe the whipped cream on top and on the sides of the tiramisu. You can dollop onto the tiramisu, or simply omit this step.
14. Cut and serve.